WHO I AM
MASTER INTUITIVE EATING
ASK A QUESTION
7 Tips for deep blissful sleep!
7 Tips for deep blissful sleep!
Leave this field empty
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
By The Health Coach Is In....
READY FOR SOME BLISSFUL SLEEP?
Dyan here (The Health Coach Is In) offering you sweet pillow talk about dreamland where we spend 1/3rd of every day of our lives.
SO WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT SLEEP WHEN IT'S SOMETHING OUR BODIES DO NATURALLY?
Actually, the truth is that sleep is NOT something that just happens....unless you are a teenager! Even babies need to learn to fall asleep and sleep well.
GOOD SLEEP IS VITAL FOR GOOD HEALTH!
Sleep deprivation can lead to a multitude of health issues.....
A) It can escalate our hunger hormone called Ghrelin, which increases our food cravings.
B) It can escalate the stress hormone called cortisol, which can cause weight gain, diabetes, heart attacks and depression.
C) It can cause elevated blood pressure in people with hypertension, which can lead to cardiovascular disease and stroke.
LEARNING HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP IS NOT JUST A LUXURY---IT'S A NECESSITY!
HOW DO YOU GET BETTER SLEEP?
Follow these 7 TIPS and rest assured that you will feel more rejuvenated and energized than you even knew was possible:
1) Practice regular sleep rhythms by going to bed and waking up around the same time each day, or at least during your weekdays.
2) Create total quiet and darkness in your bedroom. Use a sleep mask or ear plugs, if you need to. Or buy a sleep sound machine, if you need a little noise to fall off to slumberland and don't forget to keep your room cool.
3) Avoid caffeine or reduce your intake by noon, as it affects your sleep dramatically.
4) Get regular exposure to daylight for at least 20 minutes a day. The sunlight triggers your brain to release melatonin, which is vital for healthy sleep.
5) Take a hot salt or aromatherapy bath or jump into your backyard hot tub, for 10-15 minutes. Raising your body temperature before bed helps to induce sleep.
6) Write down your worried thoughts before bedtime, so you can free your chattering mind and drop into the land of nod. This will also help prevent (NES) night eating syndrome.
7) Watch something funny (funny movie, video, sitcom, bloopers) before you jump into bed. It's a natural tranquilizer and it will help you get those 40 winks.
4 HEALTHY SNACKS TO HELP YOU FALL OFF TO LA LA LAND.
(Eat at least 2 hours before bedtime)
TART CHERRY JUICE & CHAMOMILE TEA
will deliver a dose of melatonin and glycine, relax the nerves and act as a mild sedative.
A couple of fiber CRACKERS with CHEESE
will provide you with calcium and carbs to help you sleep.
A few PRETZELS & HUMMUS will help your body make serotonin and melatonin.
OATMEAL MADE WITH MILK and topped with dried tart cherries provides essential key sleep nutrients.
WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
Implement these 7 tips into your busy life today, so you can make the most of your sleep and your health, right
Then grab yourself my
list of 30-yummy super-quick snacks to improve your mood, relieve your stress and balance your body with your deep blissful sleep.
With Love & Health
The Health Coach Is In
Dyan, NE CHHC
Share with me how you were able to get your ZZZ's this week. Let me know if practicing any of these tips helped give you back your heavenly sleep. Promise me, you'll try at least one.
Leave a comment:
THE HEALTH COACH IS IN
crafted by photobiz